My family’s recipe.
Grandma Stevens’ Beans
1 lb thick bacon
1 medium yellow onion
2 30 oz cans Bushs original Baked Beans
2 15 oz cans red kidney beans
2 15 oz cans butter beans
1 15 oz can black beans
½ cup molasses
½ cup dark brown sugar
1 15 oz can Hunt’s tomato sauce
½ tspoon dry mustard
1. Slice bacon into 1 inch strips
2. Chop onion into medium sized pieces
3. In very large frying pan, fry bacon until juicy, NOT CRISP DO NOT DRAIN BACON GREASE
4. Add onion to bacon while frying
5. Drain all beans except baked beans
6. Add all beans to Bacon/onion mix.
7. Stir in Tomato sauce, Brown sugar, and molasses
8. Sprinkle dry mustard over entire mixture and stir in
9. Simmer and serve hot.